Take Ownership of Your Life with Coach Kiah
It’s common to blame others for your problems and hide behind excuse after excuse. Kiah Twisselman Burchett was doing just that until one day she decided to take ownership of her life and made the decision to change. That one decision changed everything for her. In this episode, she talks to Christina about her transformation and how she’s found joy, self-acceptance, and fulfillment by mastering her mindset.
Kiah is a life coach and professional speaker. She’s been given the incredible opportunity to use her personal struggles to empower women to create a physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy life they love with a mindset-first approach. After battling with her own weight and body image from a young age, Kiah embarked on her own personal health journey losing over 100 pounds, but more importantly, the mental weight she had been carrying with her for years.
It all started back in 2018. Kiah had a “seat belt” moment that changed her life. She walked away from that experience realizing she needed to take ownership of her life and stop blaming everyone around her for being unhappy, unhealthy, and unfulfilled. It was at that moment that Kiah decided to take baby steps towards her dream life by creating 5 simple habits (inspired by Rachel Hollis’s 5 to Thrive). The 5 habits were:
- Wake up an hour earlier for herself
- Move her body for at least 30 minutes
- Drink half her body weight in ounces of water
- Write down 10 things she’s grateful for every single day
- Give up one food that didn’t bless her body
Kiah’s initial goal was to get “healthy” but it became so much more than that. She made a commitment to herself that she’d do these 5 habits daily for 90 days. By continually showing up for herself, she was able to build confidence and gain momentum to keep moving forward. Kiah believes to her core that the power of baby steps has been the key to her transformation. That doesn’t mean it was easy!
Imposter syndrome is real and old beliefs creep back in at unexpected moments. Kiah used to believe in this lie of “once” – meaning she’ll finally feel worthy once she lost the weight, once she made more money, or once she was in a relationship. She had this idea that everything she wanted – joy, happiness, fulfillment, self-acceptance – was on the other side of a circumstance. Kiah came to the realization that everything she wanted in life had to do with a feeling and feelings don’t come from circumstances, they come from thoughts. By doing tough mindset work, she was able to overcome her insecurities and find success.
Now, Kiah teaches women how to find their own success by mastering their mindset. She teaches that success doesn’t mean failing less often, it actually means failing more. Failing is a wonderful tool that helps us learn from our mistakes. If we can increase our elasticity to failing and bounce back, we can grow and expand in a quicker way.
Are you ready to make a change in your life and in your mindset? Join us to learn more about Coach Kiah, why she decided it was time to take ownership of her life, and how she now has a booming business from one small decision. Listen in!
In this Decide It’s Your Turn™ episode, you will learn:
- The message that changed not only Kiah’s life but also mindset
- The steps she took to make a transformation
- How to foster a relationship with yourself
- 5 habits Kiah created for herself
- Kiah’s relationship with failure
- How to empower others around you to make changes
Show notes for Take Ownership of Your Life:
- Have you heard about Decide It’s Your Turn™: The Network? It’s a support network for women and men who want to start living their most purposeful and profitable life.
- Are you ready to hire a confidence coach? Christina offers limited 1-on-1 coaching. See if it’s the right fit for you!
- Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Learn more about Coach Kiah’s story on her website
- Follow Coach Kiah on Instagram
- Find Coach Kiah on Facebook
Coach Kiah’s Bio
Kiah Twisselman Burchett is a cattle rancher turned life coach and speaker, passionate about empowering women to create a physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy life they love with a mindset-first approach. After battling with her own weight and body image from a young age, she embarked on her own personal health journey losing over 100 pounds, but more importantly, the mental weight she had been carrying with her for years. Her story has been shared in People Magazine, Good Morning America, the Kelly Clarkson Show, Women’s Health and more and she is using her struggles to give strength to others walking the same journey.
Resources and Links:
- Follow Us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bechristina/
- Find Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bechristinaa
- Looking for Our Tweets?: https://twitter.com/bechristinaa
- View More Content on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6LYaHUVwD9kkepqf1Zfcyg
- Hashtags: #justbe #livealifeyoulove