How to Command Your Worth
If you’re great at what you do, you should be compensated for your talent. That’s easy enough, right?
For many women, asking for the salary or pay they deserve is challenging. Many women simply don’t know how to command their worth or they hold themselves back from making the most money they can because they don’t feel like they have the right skills or experience to ask for more. This is an issue that’s been rooted in society for far too long!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics data for 2020, the average woman only makes 82 cents for every dollar a man makes. It’s not that men are better at what they do, they just have the confidence to ask for what they want and they’re not afraid to walk away from an offer that doesn’t meet their desires. So that begs the question, how can women be more confident to ask for the money they deserve?
There isn’t a perfect answer, other than to just ask and stand firm on your desired self-worth!
The key to getting anything in life is to ask for it.
If you’re still wary, you can do a little research to figure out what other people in your similar position are making. This will serve as a good baseline that’ll help you discover your self-worth and give you the confidence to ask for it. Be sure to take into consideration the added value of your unique skills or traits, too!
In the unlikely event that someone questions your value, stand firm and ignore them! You’ve done your research and you know what your services are worth. The second you start negotiating against your desired rate, you’ll lose faith in yourself and your client/boss will lose confidence in your ability to do the job. The thing is, if you don’t value yourself, nobody will.
With that said, commanding your worth is never easy, but it’s always worth it. Could you imagine…
- Having razor-sharp clarity on your value
- Developing a positive inner voice and strong self-belief
- Discovering the power to say no to people
- Learning how to move your career to the next level
- Enjoying financial freedom and limitless growth
That’s what “commanding your worth” will do! Tune in to today’s episode to learn more.
In this Decide It’s Your Turn™ episode, you will learn:
- What conversation Christina had that provoked her to create this episode
- How to unapologetically command your worth as a woman
- How money-mindset correlates to your worth
- Not being afraid to ask for what you need
Show notes for How to Command Your Worth:
- If you need help figuring out your desired self-worth and working up the confidence to ask for it, you can get access to Christina’s Command Your Worth 7 week program by joining Decide It’s Your Turn™: The Network.
- Are you ready to hire a confidence coach? Christina offers limited 1-on-1 coaching. See if it’s the right fit for you.
Resources and Links:
- Follow Us on Instagram
- Find Us on Facebook
- Looking for Our Tweets?
- View More Content on Youtube
- Hashtags: #justbe #livealifeyoulove
If you enjoyed this episode, make sure and give us a five star rating on iTunes and leave us a comment about what you’d like us to talk about that will help you realize that at any moment, any day, you too can decide, it’s your turn!